Translating Technology Into Business Opportunities
Powering Growth Through Enterprise Data Management
In this presentation we offer pragmatic models, tools and practices drawn from our experience with implementations at numerous buy-side/sell-side firms. We illustrate proven techniques and methodologies to help you create a roadmap to an effective Enterprise Data Governance program for your firm.
What participants will learn:
- How to leverage an Enterprise Data Management Strategy to gain competitive advantage while effectively mitigating risk
- How other Financial Services firms have effectively capitalized on their Enterprise Data Management Strategies
- What tools, processes and components are most useful in implementing a successful and effective Enterprise Data Management Strategy
Our view is that firms should view these challenges for the opportunities they present to both (a) update existing systems to meet new requirements and (b) leverage technology to more effectively generate greater strategic advantages across the entire firm.
The common denominator is an increasing awareness that these programs cannot succeed without proper, accurate and consistent data management -- and the accompanying processes and procedures required to achieve that. The net result is that effective data management can offer firms opportunities to both increase efficiency and generate growth opportunities.
Financial services companies on both the buy and sell side face a myriad of challenges in today’s environment:
- New and pending regulatory compliance
- The need to gain a clearer understanding of their clients across all businesses and product offerings
- Managing risk in a fast-moving and fluid environment
- Optimizing products, operations and legacy systems
- Gary Koche, Managing Director, OpenLink
- Brian Rowatt, Sales Director, Financial Services Master Data Management Oracle North America
- Eric Gulbrandsen, Managing Director, Financial Services Practices, Maven Wave Partners